Tuesday, August 14, 2007

talking heads

(photo "altered" by me and CB)

Three Germans, an Italian (not pictured) and a Jew from Connecticut were all in a tiny blue jeep…
no, it's not a joke.

This weekend I was lucky enough to spend a day with my friend Cordelia and her extended family.

We drove up to Woodbury Commons, first making one important pit stop at the pancake capital of the world, IHop.

This small detour took us about an hour to find. Even calling the EMPLOYEES IN THE ACTUAL IHOP didn’t help us. We circled parking lots for hours, laughing, using my new gps, even growling out of frustration.

But luckily, we made it and filled our stomachs with pancakes, eggs, sausages, whipped cream, bacon, hash browns, toast, omlettes—and that was just one person, let's call him the Shm-i-talian (also not pictured).

The day was spent shopping (mostly browsing for me), gossiping, walking until our feet were about to fall off, making drop offs at the car, laughing and avoiding pushy cart salesmen (who happen to be Israeli---hmmm). I got to use my broken hebrew which is getting better everyday.

I just wanted to say thank you to CB for letting me a part of her family for the day. I had a blast.

…I also expect to be on this years Christmas card as well.

No comments: