Tuesday, August 14, 2007

hell on wheels

(photo from Universal Pictures)
hi there.

so running wasn't enough for me anymore. Not to mention the fact that my tri-athlete friend Mo, scared me by telling me that running could/would "bulk me up."

I’m sorry….WHAT?!

That is the EXACT opposite of what I'm looking for it to do.

So last night I tried “spinning” after my normal run, which she recommended and--I loved it.

Despite the fact that I stereotyped "spinners" as those same women who complain about how many carbs there are in air, chew their food 100 times in order to burn more calories, never eat carbs, sugar, meat, or dairy and never eat after 8pm and also despite the fact that I was completely drenched in sweat, it was satisfying and hard.

I am going again tonight and am actually looking forward to it. Don’t get me wrong I like to exercise, but I've never felt I MUST get back to the gym. This is mainly 'cause my Endorphins were at Ibiza levels last night and I need a good fix.


2 comments:

Douglas said...

Ridiculous. Have you EVER seen a "bulky" runner? NOT. Running, biking and swimming all at the same time in excessive amounts for the same event - THAT will bulk you up.

Go run! Go Spin!

sarah emily said...

You've made me so happy! Thank you.

S