Monday, August 20, 2007

...and the cobbler was fantastic

I made a trans-Atlantic, trans-Mediterranian drunk dial.
The evening didn't start out so sloppy. Tate and Shawna had me over for a DELICIOUS dinner party with some of their friends (all of whom are pretty rad) and we laughed, ate and drank.
I consumed an unnatural quantity of Smirnoff Ice and cobbler, both of which I am nuts about and slightly embarrassed that I have such a strong affection for.
I digress.
The party was great, dinner was, as expected, amazing and slowly around midnight, the guests started to leave.
Not me.
I stayed on and Tate and I ventured out onto the "deck" and philosophized about life, apartments and COBBLER (told you I am obsessed). There was a lot of laughing and as I started inside to get more of that delectable treat (pictured above), I looked at the clock. It was 2am.
Perfect time to call overseas, it's what 9:30 am in Israel?
Yeah, so that's how it happened. Tate and I called Roy about 4 times before he called us back, lovingly entertained our slurring and bouts of hysterical laughter.
Sure, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Even a great one.

He's a trooper, that Roy.

...if i could only remember what we talked about.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are welcome to our happy home any time, my dear, cobbler or no cobbler. You brought the party to Rad Factor 11.

sarah emily said...

awwww, shucks. thanks.