Friday, November 9, 2007

security

(this image has NOTHING to do with my entry, but shit...the SOX. WON. THE. SERIES!!!)

I love my bank, let me just get that out of the way.

I have been with Bank of America since 1998, when they were Bank Boston. Then they became Fleet, and now they're BOA.

This morning I got an email saying that there was suspicious activity on my account and in order to reactivate my card I would need to call them. I was wary at first, and then examined the email, its path, etc and called. It was Bank Of America, I even goggled the phone number to double check.

Anyway there is apparently some scam going on where companies/hackers this one was using (Comcast as a cover), test your account number by charging you a dollar. Nothing anyone would notice.

But my bank did.

Now they've canceled my card and dealt with the reimbursement. pretty sweet.

I just wanted to post this because I was NEVER one of those people who signed up for "extra care" or "security" with any of my cards, but let me tell you it's hella worth it.

I called BOA to confirm that it was them calling on the other line, just in case and alls well. Just peachy.

I am a very satisfied customer.

No comments: