Tuesday, November 27, 2007

McManus the sequel


My lovely friend, Brady and I went to grab a drink last night.

We went to our favorite place, which isn't so much a favorite as a TRAP FOR ROTTEN MEN. Let me clarify:

Not so much rotten, as it seems that every time we go there--only when we go there together--some escapee from a circus freak show comes up and talks to us, shouts at us, buys us drinks and then gives us the stink eye, makes weird comments, close-talks, etc.

I love the bar, I don't want to confuse you. It's beautiful, old and has good food and beer. But it seems we have the worst luck. Just when we're sitting peacefully, this guy Brad came over and pulled up a chair. Despite my rudeness, he stayed. Mostly, I think for Brady, who is lovely and polite. I would have preferred to dip this guy's head into a writhing bucket of hungry Piranha.

Anyway, read her blog to understand the scope of the evening. It was lovely to see her, but MAN, this place is testing my patience.

No comments: