Wednesday, September 5, 2007

shameless self-promotion

I have this friend, Megan...She is a goddess.
She is one of my closest confidants and a tireless supporter.
I've been through some tough times with her help, sordid tales of love won and lost, jobs I loved and hated and roughly 4 apartments.

We met at Seventeen years ago, where we shared a cube and I mercilessly kicked her chair and generally tortured her.

....what, you're surprised?

Anyway, since then we've really become close.

It's really rare to have someone in your life who listens and supports you without judging. For that and many other countless reasons, Brady is my dear friend.

Well, she also blogged about me today, which helps.

...I kiddddd, I kidddddd.

But, back in the day, we used to go to Brother Jimmy's on the UES EVERY. WEDNESDAY. NIGHT.

(picture circa 2003 or 4)

It was a crazy time, where we got a chance to gossip and let our hair down.

Usually, the night would start with a shot of Jack and a Heineken (for me) and an on tap beer for her. Those nights, although somewhat foggy, were some of the best times.

We met a lot of interesting characters up there and since then we've moved locations and altered our drinking regimes somewhat ( I think Brady told me I was "declawed" since our Bro Joe's Days) --what? I'm getting old!

Despite a lot of messy nights and bouts of crying over spilled beers, I'm happy to report we're still as close.

I'd like to think closer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had me at Jack and Heine! Bro Jo's is where Christian Slater gets his booty pinchin' on. Watch out!