Friday, February 29, 2008

Tastes like chicken...


Last night Roy and I went to Benihana for dinner.

Now, before you just die of laughter, I LOVE this place and it’s a little piece of my childhood.

Most of my birthdays were spent at that restaurant (or it’s imitation sister restaurant in Westport, Sakura) watching a total stranger toss knives into the air.



Not surprisingly, Roy had never been and my unrestrained excitement for our dinner was probably frightening him. I tried to explain to him that as a creature of habit, Benihana holds a very dear spot in my heart. Not only is it a place where I spent most of my birthdays after 3rd grade, it was a magical place (much like my beloved Camp Arowhon), where the world just seemed to stay the same. In this case everything was guaranteed to taste and smell the same. Kind of like camp, I guess.


All I can say is, it was amazing. Roy loved it. Was in fact, surprised by the deliciousness of the food. I was in heaven, and it was magical to be able to share the experience.

Maybe next year I’ll take him to Arowhon Pines….

Stay tuned.

No comments: