Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Office


Thursday night I got to tag along with the gals in my mother's office to dinner and a show. It was their holiday party and I was thrilled I could snag an invite.

Every year she takes them to some swank restaurant and then the season's "hottest" new play. This year it was some place I can't remember followed by "Young Frankenstein." The play was good, Megan Mullaly was AMAZING. She carried the whole show, to the point where I was seriously restraining myself from screaming out "MEGAAAAAAANNNN YOU RULE" at her curtain call.

But the dinner was amazing. Not because of the truffle and short rib stuffed burger that Tracey ordered, or the "pump and dump" Jill left the table for, but it was the sight few have seen until now...my mother had an adult beverage. Granted, it was a White wine spritzer ( I am not even kidding) but because she was brave enough to try--or let touch her lips--everyone else's drinks.

Her office is filled with supremely talented, funny, smart and ambitious women. And then there was me and my father.

The above picture was taken when she was sipping my new favorite drink (courtesy of my dear friend Jo-Di). I'm not sure she loved it, but you may. So here it is:

I'll call it the Uncle Karl:

1. Petron Silver
2. Fresh Lime Juice
3. Cointreau
3. Olives (this is my own addition, since they add the needed salt, without actual salt and I get to eat them)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm waiting for the inevitable filmed remake of "Young Frankenstein", yet getting ready to enjoy "Spaceballs - The Musical".