Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Chag Sameach


It's Hanukkah which means I get to eat some really great food. I also get to make Latkes, which I happen to be really good at it. Sorry, but it's true.

Tonight, here's my recipe:

2 potatoes unpeeled, washed then grated
1 large onion (3/4 grated, 1/4 thinly julienned)
1 egg
2 tablespoons Quinoa flour
2 pinches Kosher salt
many grinds of fresh pepper

Covered the shallow pan with vegetable oil, a pad of butter and a splash of olive oil.
After grating the potatoes and the onions (also after added the cut onions), I squeeze out the extra water, then add the rest of the ingredients.

Pinching a small amount of the batter into the hot oil, I slowly move them clockwise ( so they all get equal cooking time).

When I take them out and put them onto paper towel, I add a small sprinkle SMALL of raw sugar.

That's it.

Roy loves to eat them with applesauce. Or with Sour Cream. Or plain. Or not totally ready yet. Or every night this week.
*Is he hand model material, or what?