Sunday, December 9, 2007

C is for cookie...


So I got kind of ambitious this weekend and decided to host a cookie swap party. I had told a select few about it and what started off as a way to taste other people's baked goods, quickly morphed into a very girly time.

Maureen was the only person who does not live with me that came, and that poor dear got lost and had massive back spasms most of the time she was here. So much so that upon rescuing her from scary Brooklyn, I handed her my sweats, new socks, fleece and my crocs so that she could shed the woes of what had already been a trying day.

(yes I said crocs...let's move on, shall we?)

So we ate cookies, gossiped, used a little too much glitter puff paint and ate a lot of pizza with Roy. It was different, but much better than I had expected with only one attendee.

Sometimes things turn out just the way they should. I am not saying it wouldn't have been fun for everyone to be eating cookies in unison (then most likely tossing them later) BUT, it was just as nice with some much needed one-on-one time with Moe.

Maybe next time, she'll even bring cookies.

No comments: