Monday, December 3, 2007

Sunday Munch (even though it was Saturday)


Heather and I went out for brunch this Sunday. It was a really nice way, nay excuse to eat. It was freezing out, windy and I had had a light dinner the night before, so....where to go? Penelope on 30th and Lexington. If you've never been there, it's exactly like being in a teeny bed and breakfast in Vermont. So either you don't need to go to VT, or you don't need to go to Penelope.

Ok, you should go to Penelope. It's delicious.

Oh, and did I mention the apple cider bellinis? Very yummy.


We gorged ourselves on homemade waffles and cinnamon walnut butter (actually I did, mainly because I finished Heather's) and they give you fresh coffee while you wait for a table.

From there we took a walk to Union Square, checked out the markets, the Christmas Fair--where I heard and met more Israelis then I think I have in all the time I've lived here--and ended up seeing a movie. It was this great Disney cartoon where the evil witch sends the lost princess to a land "where there are no happy endings."


Yeah you guessed it, she ends up in NYC. I have to say it was kind of a sad idea...no happy endings? None? AT. ALL?

(hehe, hehe...we have happy endings here)

I think the idea didn't phase Heather, she's pretty savvy.

But then again, she did find the CHOCOLATE SYRINGES at Max Brenner across from the movies fascinating.

No comments: