Wednesday, October 10, 2007

from russia with LOVE

Tonight I had dinner with my friend Cordelia and Pietzie, we went to sushi in Chelsea and on the bus, Cordelia was trying to tell me something but I was so busy in New Yorker mode that I'm afraid I didn't hear her as I pushed my way off the bus.

When we go to the street she stopped me looked in my eye and said, "Sarah. Wait. Baryshnikov was just on the bus, and he just got off in front of us."

WAIT. WHAT?

WHAT??

Let me preface, well its too late for that, but before I had a major crush on Mr. Jeff Goldblum, it was all about Baryshnikov.

There was something about the way he moved and his accent coupled with his confidence and presence on stage.



*sigh*

So I trotted along side his entourage and saw that it was him, in the flesh (much shorter flesh then I had imagined, but flesh none the less...)

Turns out we both like sushi, cause he went into the same restaurant we were headed into.

He is just as handsome in person, without question. And although "Carrie" rejected him on Sex and the City:



(ok, he was a unimaginable jerk on that show)BUT, tonight, from a SAFE distance, he didn't look so terrible to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Trotted"? "Trotted alongside"??
CHARGED AHEAD FULL STEAM and swiftly cut in front of him and his two friends for a better look is more like it - well done, my lovely, well done. "Just like she drives" my dear Papi would say.
We love you both :-)
And M.B., too (but of course!).