Tuesday, October 16, 2007

bag lady


Sweet vindication. For many months, I have been referred to as a "bag lady" by many of those to which I hold near and dear.

Actually, I think it has been longer than that. But, who's counting, really....

Anyway, it used to sting and I battled back by purchasing even more cotton totes to carry with me through the city. I fill it with everything imaginable and yes, it does get messy in there without pockets or dividers, or any sort of structure at all.

But I like a nice comfortable bag, especially one that doesn't scream;" I AM A TREND CONSCIOUS FEATHER IN THE WIND....I WILL DO WHAT YOU TELL ME TO." (ok, a slight exaggeration on my part, but I tend to do that sometimes.)

I am also not spending hundreds on a "purse" when I really don't need one or even can decide which one I like the best.

I would just like to point out that not only am I being environmentally conscious, but I am being fashionable.

Both of which are not so often attributed to the same person.

No comments: