Monday, July 9, 2007

a trip to the tree house


this is shawna and tate's tree house in woodstock where we spent the weekend.

for those of you who think of this when you think of woodstock :


you're pretty spot on.
ok, so not much different from what you expected
:


BUT... it's also stunning, calming, inspiring, funny and ok ....yes, once in a while kinda stinky.



PS
speaking of....this is where we pooped (its a double-seater).

we built a tent platform while we were there, hung out with the hausmans (tate's parents), swam in their pool, ate their deviled eggs and roy built some pretty righteous campfires.
we only spent two full days there, but i came back to brooklyn totally exhausted and refreshed at the same time. must have been something in the air up there.

2 comments:

witchypoo said...

Hi...I stumbled upon your blog because I want to find someone to help me build a treehouse for my kids in Woodstock. If your friends had someone help them or wouldnt mind me hiring them to help me I would appreciate the connection. And by the way...its the magic of the Catskills that tires and invigorates. Once its in your blood, its in it for good. Cheers.

sarah emily said...

hey there!
I will ask Shawna and Tate, but I think they built it with a bunch of friends, but I will definitely ask.
thanks for reading.

Best,

Sarah