Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My baby won't eat!!! My solution: finger foods


Last Friday, I got a call from my son's day care. He only ate his cheese cubes and cheerios and wouldn't eat his breakfast OR his lunch. First of all, why did they wait to call me after he'd skipped TWO meals?

Moving on...

I called my amazing pediatrician who mentioned he'd probably like to feed himself and didn't want the mushy food I'd made the night before. Hmmmm...a new stage? Bring it on.

When he got home that night, I had cut up Kiwis, Muenster cheese, Bananas, turkey, roasted squash and had it ready to roll.

I added a dollop of Labne cheese on his tray (for the fun of eating with his hands) and it was a HUGE success. HUGE.

Of course it was really really REALLY messy, but quite successful. He ate dinner!

After his bath that night I felt like I had won a small battle and was ready for anything!

No comments: