Thursday, June 2, 2011

My baby won't eat--Coxsackie isn't just a town upstate.


Today I decided to take the babe to the pediatrician as he suddenly wasn't eating the Smorgasbord of finger foods I had chopped, sliced and diced like an Iron Chef.

After only a few moments of examining him, the doctor asked if I had ever heard of Coxsackie Virus. I'd read the books and hadn't remembered seeing that anywhere. "Hand, food and mouth disease" he corrected.

Oh yeah, I'd read all about that. But S was only mildly fussy and had no fever or copious drooling. After looking at the back of his throat, it was diagnosed that he was on the mend and the 5-day bug was on the way out of his system.

Humph...here's hoping he'll be feeling much better. Wanted to post this in case your baby might not be eating for the same reason. Apparently it's really going around.




No comments: