Sunday, July 27, 2008

top shelf

Spent the day with my lovely friend Cordelia. We were on a mission, ok, I was on a mission.

I rented a ZipCar, and we headed to the new IKEA in Brooklyn. After that, we headed to Fairway Market in Red Hook.

We got a little lost on the way to pick up the car (a BRAND new Subaru Outback --300 miles on it), but it didn't damper our spirit.

At IKEA I needed to pick up a few things (had a list), and we dined on my favorite meatballs with gravy.

Did I mention you can see the STATUE OF LIBERTY from the cafeteria?
At Fairway we got a little lost, but Cordelia was my rock, she helped me stay on task and sane. I am lucky to have her.

When we got back to my apartment to "assemble" some of the pieces I purchased, and we realized that IKEA doesn't include a few of the major parts I needed.

We drove back to IKEA stood in line, negotiated our way through and got what we needed.
Still haven't fully put it all together, perhaps Cordelia will help me this week before Roy returns from Central America.

I could always do it myself.

sure.

No comments: